Radiodays Survey 2016

Radiodays Europe Survey 2016

It was positive feedback for RDE in Paris from attendees according to the participant survey made by Kantar media. 72% said they were very satisfied or satisfied with the event, 9% were less satisfied. Some thought that it maybe was “the best RDE so far”.

Most appreciated was the great variety; the number of sessions, the networking opportunities and the high quality of content and speakers. The Radio Night at Radio France was also a success. Least appreciated was the lunchboxes with (too many) sandwiches!

About 40 percent of those asked were visiting RDE for the first time, 60 percent had been to RDE before. 83% say they ‘are very likely’ or ‘somewhat likely’ to attend RDE 2017 next year in Amsterdam.

Out of the 1500 attendees from 62 countries; France and Germany were the countries with most participants, followed by the Nordic countries, the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, USA, Switzerland, Poland, Italy and Russia. 70 percent came from radio companies, an almost equal numbers from public and commercial radio. The rest 30 percent represent organizations, consultancy, exhibitors etc.

Top 10

The highest rated session was “Solution focused journalism” with Ulrik Haagerup, News Director at Danish Radio. Commercial radio people also had Dennis Clark´s “In talent we trust”, the Kyle and Jackie O from KIIS in Sydney, and the Producers Masterclass among the highest rated. Public service people rated the Prix Italia winner Kaitlin Prest, USA, Susan Marjetti from CBC and “Generation instant pay-off” highest. Other well-rated sessions were the Main event, the Power of local and the Podcast sessions. 

Some final thoughts about RDE 2016 in Paris

“The conference rocked! A lot of people, a lot of energy, and a lot of ideas”

 “It is the BEST radio event in Europe”

“The selection of speakers was extremely diverse and well-picked. Many new ideas shared”

“Lots of inspiration and good ideas!”

“Visions, new ideas, new perspectives”

 “The one and only possibility for radio nerds to meet and greet and learn. We really need RDE”

“Undoubtedly THE BEST radio conference in the world!”

Share this article