Francis Currie is an International Audio Consultant and a partner in specialist radio research company, Francis Currie Consulting.
He helps radio & audio businesses grow audiences by providing strategic insight and operational support. He works across Research, Content, Digital and Marketing.
Francis was named ‘one of the radio industry’s best consultants’ in a poll by US industry magazine Radio Ink. He has worked successfully with a wide variety of formats in over 15 countries.
Prior to becoming a consultant Francis was one of the most successful senior programmers in the UK:
- At Wireless (part of News Corps) he led the recruitment of Chris Evans to Virgin Radio. The audience tripled in 10 weeks. He also drove audience growth across the Wireless portfolio of 33 radio stations across the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
- He led Heart in London to #1 for the first time as Programme Director. Later he masterminded the success of the Heart brand as a network.
- As Music Director for Emap Performance he drove the content strategy across radio, tv, magazines, websites, music retail and concerts.
- As joint Managing Director and Programme Director of Emap Television he led The Box to #1 Music Channel, beating MTV & VH-1.
- He was also Launch Programme Director of Magic in London, proving it is possible to rebrand a radio station, save costs and grow audience at the same time.